Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Thomas Hine

Some other visual quotations that become cliches representing a specific locale are:

1. The Sphinx and Pyramids - Egypt



2. Mount Rushmore - South Dakota



3. Washington Monument - Washington D.C.



4. Space Needle - Seattle, Washington


I remember when I actually traveled to the Grand Canyon; I had never seen this giant canyon except for in pictures before. I believe that the location greatly surpassed the image's detail, and the emotion that I felt while being at the actual Grand Canyon was a thousand times stronger than anything I could have felt from an image. This trip to the Grand Canyon will always remain as a very vivid memory, and because of this I feel even stronger emotions than before when I see a picture of the canyon. I will always remember the emotion I felt while standing beside it.





No comments:

Post a Comment