Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Walking Billboards

I have a very bland wardrobe that actually has very little branding on them. Most of the shirts I own are from competitions and events I competed in, so they might have the school's name and logo but nothing else. The one thing I know I wear everyday that has a definite brand attachment to it is my pair of Asics shoes. It is a brand I am very loyal to because of their added support in their Kayano line. This design has helped save me from countless injuries of wear and tear due to my flat feet. Most people associate the Asics shoes, I feel, with running so they communicate a athletic feel to those who see the brand.



I had a friend that would come out of his room everyday ready for class in an Under Armor shirt, pants, shoes, and even an Under Armor hat. He always used to say that it was just comfortable and its good quality so he was willing to pay a little extra for it. I feel that he was willing to pay extra for it, because the brand itself has the feel of being for the elite few (not that my friend felt like he was an elite or anything). I think that sub-consciously he wore it because he thought that it would portray him in a better light than if he were to wear off-brand clothes.

1 comment:

  1. Tony I'm on your side on this one. I buy certain brands of products because they are known for that specific product and they work well. But anyone decked out in UA head to toe all the time is not just in it cause there products are good, which some of them may very well be, but they aern't worth the arm and leg that he gave for them.

    ReplyDelete